Tuesday 6 May 2008

Sweet, nourishing Big Brother gruel.

Big Brother.

Corey is a bigger moron than I thought. A condition of Terri's return to the house as a housemate is that she keeps Corey into line, and since a good portion of the housemates don't really want her back, what do they do? They convince Corey to act like a shit. At one point he was actually hiding from her, and when Travis asked him why he was doing it, he said - and I quote - 'I dunno, they told me to do it.' More than being a complete moron, he's allowed himself to be a pawn. Well done Corey, you obviously couldn't cultivate an original thought if your life depended on it.

I suppose my exasperation at this is that I have come to like Terri. I really feel sorry for her, especially when I saw Nobbi do his spectacularly immature tantrum on the announcement of her return to the house. It was like an episode of Jerry Springer - that beep lasted about two straight minutes last night. Seriously Nobbi, she HAD to pick one person, and you happened to be one of the people who voted to evict her, so be a grown-up and suck it the fuck UP. Crybaby.

And anyway, despite her wayward political views (which, honestly, we haven't even heard about once) I think she's a good person. When the new housemates and Corey stood up to introduce themselves, I immediately hated all of them. One guy, who I believe is the hardcore rocker guy, stood up and said "I've been clean for eleven years, I don't drink or smoke". Uh huh. And this is the most interesting thing that you could come up with to introduce yourself? Not doing drugs doesn't make you a loser, but acting like it's in any way interesting DOES make you a loser. But no, Terri actually said something about her upbringing and her family and some of her relationships, and I liked her for it. So I think that it's vastly unfair of Nobbi and others to a) actively encourage Corey to act up; and b) to just stand back and watch her flounder in her mission. It's cowardly and it's mean, and it doesn't make for good television.

Jacob no like. Baaaad medicine.

PS. Corey? Your hair SUCKS. You look like every faggot blonde twink I have ever met. Just bone your boyfriend already.

Big Mouth

Pissed me off. Too much talking, not enough raw footage from the house. I would have preferred to see the lead-up to, and the fallout from, Rory's confrontation with Travis about his sexuality. Instead we had to listen to Rebecca Wilson making an embarrassment of herself and Tony Squires desperately trying to revive his television credentials. The former seemed very uncomfortable, and her observations on the house bordered on the total obvious at some points, and completely inaccurate on other points. As for it being rated MA15+, well, I think that if you count Nobbi's stereotype-enforcing dick (and gross pubes!) or brief talk of anal sex as MA15+ material, then you... need to go outside a bit more. The first half was pretty much the panel gasbagging, and a slightly shorter recap of everything we had already seen in the daily show.

But talk about too many cooks spoiling the broth! Uncut doesn't work as a panel show, and with FIVE people all trying to butt in it gets awesomely tedious. Rebecca Wilson does not need to be there, Tony Squires could potentially be replaced with Mike Goldman just for a little bit of consistency with the rest of the BB franchise, and maybe get rid of the other three. I didn't actually mind Chrissie, Paul and Tim's input, but as I said already, too much blah blah-ing and not enough of what we really want to see and hear. Dirty smut and gratuitous nudity, blessed be.

Tim Brunero, you have commented on my blog once after I mentioned you, which suggests that you take on board what petty bloggers like myself say, so please can you address some of the issues enumerated above with your producers?

PS. Ben was SO lying when he said he'd had sex with six different people. The uuummmmm was a dead giveaway. Going by the theory expounded in some teen movie that I can't quite remember what it was called, women always divide by three the number of sex partners they have actually had, and guys always multiply by three the number of sex partners. Which means he's had two sex partners, which, at his age, isn't bad to just come out and admit.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony Squires and Rebecca Wilson WTF??? Honestly, they're totally unnecessary - and totally appeal to the wrong demographic. Talk about lame. Mike Goldman with Tim, Chrissie and Paul would be fine.

And I agree, there wasn't enough smut and nudity on Big Mouth. Although admittedly, Nobbi is the only one to get nude so far.

And poor Corey - the guy is dumb, boring, awkward, inarticulate and has zero personality whatsoever! I reckon this exposure will probably be the end of his so-called career. It's just embarrassing.

And how much are you loving Travis Jacob? I know you are. The guy is the best housemate by a mile - how fantastic was he during that conversation with Rory?

I've realised now why I'm starting to find him attractive. It's because his inner beauty is of such a magnitude that it allows you to look past his superficial ugliness and that bizarre voice he's got.

I'm still fascinated by his sexuality. It's almost as if he's asexual - perhaps he lost his genitals in a water-skiing accident as a child, and that's why he's sexually ambiguous and has that strange voice.

6 May 2008 at 4:51 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

Jacob, excellent recap as always. Goodness man, can you keep it going all the way through the series????

"And poor Corey - the guy is dumb, boring, awkward, inarticulate and has zero personality whatsoever! I reckon this exposure will probably be the end of his so-called career"

Re the black hole of all air-time that is Corey - wtf dudes, he's a seventeen year old boy. Surely, it's about time he was slapped down like a dunny lid, and I'm the one to do it.

You've been warned.

Love,

gigglewick

PS I don't care if I only catch two minutes of BB a week, I am still yet to see evidence of a soul in Vile.

6 May 2008 at 5:25 pm  
Blogger Felix for Zosia said...

I love ABC Tony Squires so much, but Channel Ten Tony Squires just isn't the same. But here's a thought: the Rebecca Wilson connection means he feels like he is still on The Fat/Whatever They Renamed It When it Switched to Ten - so he is using the wrong aspects of his personality/ TV analysis skills... How about replacing Rebecca with Bob Downe? Just a thought...

6 May 2008 at 5:35 pm  
Blogger Jacob said...

Nick - um, no. And for the record, I thought that Rory was the winner in that argument. He was incredibly harsh, but the basic point was correct. Travis' bleatings about showing solidarity or whatever with "minorities" was, exactly as Rory said, him waffling bullshit in the manner of Oprah or Dr Phil.

No, there is no deep, hidden affection for Travis here. He totally grates on me, full stop.

Gigglewick - I'm all full of piss and vinegar right now, but soon enough the posts will level out.

Felix - I don't think I've ever seen him on the ABC, but I suppose you must be right. He really hasn't struck me as anything special, but there must be another reason why he persists on Ten in these roles.

Bob Downe? Is that the poofter? Gack.

6 May 2008 at 5:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I met Travis in real life, then I'm sure I'd find him to be an irritating twit. I'd probably hate him.

But the thing about his position in the house is that he is being bullied and excluded by all the boys.

He has faced outrageous and unfair obsession over his sexuality. "There's no way he's a bloke," said Rory.

But despite all this, he's still amazingly positive, happy and willing to stand up for himself. I really admire him. He's in a really tough position in there.

Go Travis go!

6 May 2008 at 11:40 pm  
Blogger Felix for Zosia said...

ABC TS used to giggle a lot, in a slightly mischievous way, as well as make some clever observations. So I was thinking that if he had a really bitchy offsider it would produce more of the giggle and less of the i-am-slightly-out-of-place-because-commercial-television-viewers-don't-really-know-who-i-am vibe.

7 May 2008 at 8:06 am  
Blogger Felix for Zosia said...

P.S. Re Nick's comment, I found this blogger's thoughts on Travis quite interesting: http://melbournestories.blogspot.com

7 May 2008 at 8:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a really interesting post you linked to F for Z. She's hit the nail on the head. Because he doesn't fit into any one pigeon-hole, the boys have decided that Travis is too scary to have to deal with so they've excluded him to "protect" their own sense of themselves and their so-called masculinity. It's all very pathetic.

Oh, and if memory serves, Tony Squires (and Rebecca Wilson) first moved to channel seven (not ten) from the ABC. I think the show was called 110% Tony Squires. It got axed after a couple of months.

I didn't mind watching the old Fat on the ABC.

7 May 2008 at 10:53 am  
Blogger Steph said...

Disagree! I'm liking corey. He's a little shit and no mistake, but compared to some of the other nuff nuffs in there, he's some value, if only to roll ones eyes and proclaim "Oh the youth of today" hahahaha!

Loved Big Mouth! Only downside for me; the amount of ad breaks, and lack of new footage.

8 May 2008 at 2:21 pm  
Blogger Felix for Zosia said...

I have finally watched about 3 minutes of BB and I learnt 2 things:
1. Nobbi is a nob
2. Corey is one ugly mo fo, and should put those damn sunglasses back on pronto to cover his hideous, acne ridden pubescent mug.

8 May 2008 at 5:15 pm  
Blogger Jacob said...

Yeah, his skin is pretty shit, but come on. I would love to challenge him to a handstand competition. I went MOIST, everyone.

8 May 2008 at 8:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I went MOIST, everyone."

I hear you brother. What loins!

8 May 2008 at 8:51 pm  
Blogger eleanor bloom said...

I'm so glad that you guys have the same opinion re Squires and Wilson. They're as interesting as... as... Corey (but sans handstands)!

I've already blathered on about all this in a post, but I will ask, did anyone else notice that Saxon looks like Popeye but with the head of a Kewpie Doll? Just wondering...

14 May 2008 at 2:29 pm  
Blogger Jacob said...

I always thought he looked like he was missing a chromosome, but I can see the Popeye resemblance.

Hm, must get to and continue the BB blogging...

14 May 2008 at 5:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home