Sunday 30 September 2007

America's Next Top Model finale

Great - now that America's Next Top Model has wrapped up, could we please get the current season as well? Ten could illegally broadcast it really late at night or something, and hopefully nobody will pick up on the ownership infringement, or whatever the laws are that pertain to television rights. I don't care, I just like to watch TV.

Tonight's final, in short: Nicole deserved to win, as she is clearly the prettier one. Bre deserved to go through to be runner-up, not Nik, as Nik's face is harsh and brutish.

I realised halfway through tonight's final that I liked the final of Australia's Next Top Model way more, even though the standard of models on America's NTM was better overall. Anyone who watched it would agree with me on this one: the bad live format, Jodhi Meares' appalling hosting skills and general inability to read from an autocue, the reunion of rejected molls models, the constant repetition of the word AMAZING. It was all terrific in its crapposity. I would have preferred Steph to win, but apparently the catwalks of Europe are all about anaemic horse-faced bitches, so Alice took the prize.

What was I talking about? America's Next Top Model, yes. It was a good season, I think. I didn't really think I would really find it as amusing the second time around, but in the year or so since I first watched everyone get pissed at Kim for every stupid reason you can think of, I must have found a fresh pool of cynicism to draw from.

Tyra Banks is still annoying, and I look forward to her getting stabbed in the face one day.

Oh my god, Ben McKenzie damn near had me in tears just now. It's going to be a Ben/Matt finale, for sure. *resumes vow of silence*

PS. Weeds is on tomorrow night at 10.30 on Channel Nine. Watch it y'all!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger MissE said...

I missed the finale and I'm kinda annoyed. I also missed Idol, and I'm also kinda annoyed about that ... but I think (hope) I taped it, so I *may* be able to recap it this evening when I get home. Watch this space.

So Ben was good? Good.

I heart Ben.

1 October 2007 at 9:39 am  
Blogger gigglewick said...

Jacob,

See aforementioned whinge on Channel 9 and their effing stupid scheduling.

I kidney Channel 9*.

* was trying to figure out what the opposite to heart was. Don't think I quite nailed it.

1 October 2007 at 10:53 am  
Blogger Jacob said...

Chesty - There wasn't too much to comment on, really.

Daniel Mifsud got a Touchdown that he didn't deserve for a crap rendition of a Kiss song.

Ben McKenzie said in his video package thingy that he has trouble singing the high notes, which I snerked at in a major way.

Marty Simpson still succeeded in being crap even though he had his precious acoustic night. Boo hiss boo he sucks.

Matt Corby was terrific. The singing-with-eyes-closed is annoying, but when he does it you kind of feel like he MEANS it. The performance was so down-to-earth and underwrought that I fell even more in love with him.

Gigglewick,

I liver Channel Nine?

I splanctic gangleon Channel Nine? (Futurama reference)

I anus perforation Channel Nine?




It could work.

1 October 2007 at 2:44 pm  
Blogger Ariel said...

I'm very sad my fave trashy show is over (ANTM). But come on - Nik is beautiful. Bree is pretty but kinda so-what. And my husband is in LURVE with Tyra Banks (or maybe lust) as much as I am with Adrian Grenier of Entourage. Which is saying something ...

1 October 2007 at 7:11 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I'm in lurve with Tyra Banks too.

And possibly Adrian Grenier.

But not Matt Corby.

1 October 2007 at 7:41 pm  
Blogger MissE said...

I didn't get Bree - she looked really ordinary. Nic was striking at least.

And Adrian Greiner I only know from 'Drive me Crazy' - a rather underrated teen film from 1999. I don't have cable so I'm not getting entourage *sobs*. Is it worth the DVD costs?

And Jacob - you're totally right. I watched the tape back and it was mostly pretty whatevs. Except Ben. I'm adopting Ben. Ben and Zach from BB are my RTV children for this year.

I did have to fast forward Mark Da Costa. Because what the fuck was that?

1 October 2007 at 8:04 pm  
Blogger MissE said...

Does this mean the vow of Idol silence is continuing, Jacob?

1 October 2007 at 8:36 pm  
Blogger Jacob said...

Jacob sits at home, in front of his telly, crying hysterically into his lap. He gently rocks back and forward. A vein ticks in his forehead.

Bugger me. Who is voting for Marty?

2 October 2007 at 1:02 pm  
Blogger MissE said...

Dunno. I don't like him .. but now Da Costa is gone I no longer have to watch the show through my fingers. He gave me the wiggins. And not in a good way.

2 October 2007 at 6:35 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home