Wednesday 7 November 2007

Breaking all the Rules

I have finally got a handle on this modern "down-loading" caper.

It was necessitated by MrB stuffing up the recording of 2 eps of SYTYCD (It's been so polite of you not to comment the missing recaps...), and I was pointed in the right direction by a member of the TWoP community who introduced me to TVtorrents.com... I was then led by the hand over the final hurdles by the delightful KillerRabbit (who has the most loveliest voice imaginable!

MrB has always had a very strong opinion on copyright theft, having seen friends struggling to make a living through recording, and so he was quite reticent about downloading. He grew less reluctant when confronted with
a) my withering wrath at being sytycd-less.

b) the fact that you can't actually get sytycd eps unless you download them as Fox has declined to provide them in any legal get-able form.

So with the two eps in the bag, I mentioned a show that I had read about on TWoP and which sounded most quirk-filled and awesome. So we downloaded the pilot and sat and watched it. And it was indeed the best televisual experience of the year.


We watched the pie-lette, and then the next two episodes, all in one hit of saccharine sweet surrealness and I just can't get enough of it.

It's about a man who can bring the dead to life again. But only for a minute. If the undead stay alive for more than 60 seconds, someone/thing else dies in their place. And if Ned touches the Undead again, they die again. Forever. Ned is a pie-maker by trade, but he dabbles in a reward-money-collecting-scheme on the side. He uses his gift to wake murder victims, ask who murdered them, zaps 'em again then collects the reward money for solving the crime... It's very lucrative!

Anyway, it's more than the surreal premise, it's bright colours and joy and happiness, it's Anna Friel and a wardrobe to die for, it's Kristin Chenoweth breaking randomly into song, it's the whole damn package and I'm hooked.

So, sorry for the rambling. I just felt the need to share...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger MissE said...

So are you now going to walk ME through this whole TVtorrents.com bizzo? Because otherwise you'll have no-one to discuss these cool shows with ...

(I've got the impression I won't think much of pushing daisies ... but OTHER cool shows ...)

7 November 2007 at 6:36 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

For sure... I'm happy to share my knowledge with the world...

Although, if you're gonna write off Pushing Daisies BEFORE YOU'VE EVEN SEEN IT, I may be less disposed to help...

Have your people call my people...

7 November 2007 at 7:28 pm  
Blogger killerrabbit said...

The joys of downloading are multi-faceted. You get to enjoy tv that the Australian stations deem not appropriate for our Border Control/All Saints obsessed viewers, you get to watch it when you want and you get to see tv shows just after they are aired in the US or UK.

Welcome.....

I will certainly give Pushing Daisies a try as I am nearing the end of Season 7 of Buffy and I am completely tired of commercial tv that has SOOOOO much advertising and far too many political ads that feature Johnny's stupid eyebrows and smug smirk.

8 November 2007 at 9:41 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home