Monday 29 October 2007

So You Think You Can REAAALLLLY piss Actonb off?

Okkaaayyyy....

I have just come back to what I wrote in Notebook as I watched the ep and my word, it makes not a damn bit of sense... bear with me here! Far Out! Was I drunk when I wrote this??? I don't remember...

So, the Group Dance is awesome - a themed jive to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - I have a soft spot in my heart for that song anyways (ahhh... 1989 Kirrawee Gang Show) and how can it not be improved by Hok in sailor's whites...? Awww.... The final twelve are all in uniform (ish - I don't remember WAAFS skirts being slit to the hip) with their hair in 1940s chignons (yeah, the boys too...) and they look cute as a button. Dancing's pretty good too!

Talking about cute as a button, Cat's a vision in ... coral? For real? The 1980s really are upon us again aren't they?

Tonight's guest judge is WADE ROBSON!!!!! And I have just discovered he's Australian - or born on the Gold Coast at least... Hee! I just knew there was a reason I adored him! Other than the awesome dance routines - I'm so shallow.

On to the dancing! I mean, that's what we're all here for, right? Not the awesome perve-factor?
The filler interesting titbits of info about the couples tonight is - what they really think of each other - what they like and what they don't like - should be candid dontcha think?

read the rest

Anyhoo - Sabra thinks that Dom is funny. Dom thinks that Sabra doesn't trust him. That and that she has puffy hair and that she smells good. Oh he's deep this one. Sabra doesn't like that Dom drops her. Like constantly. Cue montage of Dom dropping Sabra on her head. Like constantly. Dome doesn't like Sabra's 'Trust' issues - I mean it's not like he drops her constantly...
They're doing the jive, expertly tutored by Tony Meredith and his wife Melanie (who you'd remember as the Bette Midler lookalike from Pasha's ChaCha)
And strangely my eyes are drawn to Dom - and this is despite Sabra's ultra-sparkly dress (and you know my weakness for the sparkly dress) He's so ... skinny in tight black pants. Skinny and kinda the teensiest bit hot. And he doesn't drop her! Ha!

Wade witters like he's on a Bundy IV - random words about positive energy emanating into crowd, America, nay THE WORLD....!

Yeah. It was good.

And on to the sickening lovefest that is Jaimie and Hok. No I'm not jealous, not at all.... BEEYATCH!
Ahem... Jaimie just loves the whole idea of Hok - but more specifically that fact that he cooks her Italian food at night. Hok loves Jaimie's hair (I think there's a theme here - it's either Hair or Dumb guys - either/or really) It's really beautiful and soft and curly. Like a dog's. Apparently.
Jaimie doesn't like that she sometimes chokes on Hok's braids - hehe - honey there's a bunch of girls wouldn't mind taking your spot to choke on his braids if you know what I mean *nudge nudge, wink wink*
Hok doesn't like that, although they're the same height, when she's in heels she's taller than him. And he says it all in Japanese in order to spare her feelings. Bless. Obviously the poor girl can't read subtitles.

They're doing a Tyce DiOrio Broadway routine, based on Mr Bojangles. I hate to say it but it's kind of a bit blah (yes, another ultra-technical dancey term) but there's a whole hat thing going on, and I'm a fan of the hat, so hat + hok = good in my book. Wade reckons that they've both grown and that Jaimie's come alive. Nigel didn't feel that Hok was connected to the story and that he's got to let the go of the fear...

Now Sara reckons that Pasha has the best partnering skills in the entire competition. And she's right. Hands down. Pasha thinks that Sara is really strong... now that sounds like a back-handed compliment if ever I heard one - So Sara replies with the observation that Pasha is even more of a girl than her, which, as a B-Girl isn't really saying much really is it? The lack of chemistry here is perplexing, especially when we are confronted with how amazingly they dance together...

They're doing a jazz routine with Mandy Moore, self-confessed lover of the Jazz Hands... And to 'Body Language' by Queen. In the most awesome retro Eighties costumes, like evah! The plentiful Jazz Hands make it even more perfect... and I've just discovered that a Pasha in a tight royal blue t-shirt and white suspenders... surprisingly hot! And that's with my long-standing aversion to Royal Blue.



Lauren and Neil have their own little mutual admiration society thing going on - they both like that the other is Good Looking. Like really really really Good Looking. Then there's a little disagreement over Neil's "jokes" - she thinks they're awful, he's cut that she doesn't laugh. *sigh* these people... seriously - they can shake their booty but there's nothing between their ears is there?
And our dim-witted dancers are going to have to cope with a Mia Michaels contemp routine. One, which for some unknown reason I actually reeallly like. It's kind funky and a bit dark, and there's goggles involved. It's all kinds of fun, and fun isn't usually found in MiaM's vocab. Or her dance vocab either. So I'm happy. Mary says what I'm thinking - she don't know what the story is about, she not sure she really need to know... she just liked it!

Heh. Nigel didn't like it. I don't like the fact that his stalker grin is even more... stalkery (?) than usual. Maybe he's auditioning for the Bad Wolf role in Dr Who! The Musical!

In the biggest surprise of the night, what Danny loves most about Anya is her costumes - all those tassels and sparkles, they make his poor adopted soul glad... Anya thinks that Danny's Good Looking. Are these guys all reading from the same damn script??? Danny hates that Anya makes him rehearse till late at night (huh? This is the guy who was adopted by his dance teacher and he whinges about rehearsing???) Anya doesn't like that Danny doesn't pay adequate attention while rehearsing.
They're doing a foxtrot. But not your bog standard foxtrot, oh no! It's a super-special jazzy foxtrot! Specially choreographed for Anya and her injured ankle. Bastards!
But at least she gets to wear a cute dress - with a fascinator even! And she gets to show how awesome her stamina is by not cringing once as she bounces up and down on her poor ankle. It's a pretty spectacular foxtrot, and it impresses Wade who proclaims that the dance is 'a wonderful moment for me and for you (Danny), that he had never been moved by him ( Danny) prior to this dance, etc etc' I mean it was good, great even, but um Wade...? ewww....


The golden couple, Lacey and Kameron... Kameron likes Lacey's experience which is apparently a great help for him (*snort*) Lacey thinks *sigh* that Kam is ridiculously Good Looking. Kameron tells the world that Lacey has a stinky skanky weave *triple snort* while Lacey confides that Kam is just one drippy stinky SweatHog - heeeeee! Some candour - how refreshing!
They're doing hiphop with Dan Karaty - some nerd boy/ cheerleader role playing which gives Lacey lots of booty shaking opportunities. It's pretty good, and I'll grudgingly admit that Lacey hits all the right notes - she's very good, if a little, dare I say it? Fake? Kam just can't match her. I mean, he's good, just not good enough...

And the judges agree - well kinda. If telling Kameron that he needs to dance inside the music rather than floating on top of the music was what I was trying to say. They also agree that Lacey is a great performer - a consummate professional, though seemingly unable to let the 'personal' shine through.


On to the

Results Show:

And hmmm.... the dress that we've been seeing for the last couple of months finally makes an appearance in it's full Technicolor glory. And it's a bit meh if you ask me.

Cat is towering over the little dancing leprechauns and I'm wondering why she insists on wearing such massive heels when she just knows she's going to stand head, shoulders and chestal area over the dancers. But that may just be flat-loving bitterness coming from me. And I have just worked out she wears massive earrings - it's to cover the earpiece squiggly thing that she has to wear. Heh. I'm so slow. I wear flats and I'm slow. No hope for me AT ALL.


I'll cut to the chase Danny & Anya, Hok & Jaimie and Lauren & Neil are the wee things Dancing For Their Lives tonight. Even after the umpteen GAZILLION votes cast.



Anya dances to Proud Mary and man she stomps it in.

Danny does his usual pirouetteiness, but he's just so. damn. good at it that I don't care.

Jaimie - pfft! She's Jaimie, same old same old.

unlike...

Hok, who breaks out more interesting moves and overall adorableness.
Lauren and Neil do their thing, nothing particularly exciting, but then I suspect I may be biased. Ever so slightly.

Hee - I was listening to Enrique as I played spider solitaire and I got severe 'I'm so ronely' vibes. And I can't find it on youtube so you can't play at home... :(


The judges are back and doesn't Mary look pissed. Probably because she promised at the top of the show that Anya and Danny wouldn't be going home on her watch, but uh-oh! guess who's going home tonight? Because her solo's aren't as strong enough... Jaimie's safe even though she danced 'desperate' and Lauren's safe even though she's never reached her potential.

Right.

And then to piss me off even further, the only reason they give for giving my beloved Hok the boot is that they already have a B-Boy in Dominic so they don't need him. If they only need one dancer in each genre then why don't they cull some of those crappy contemp dancers, hey???? Hmmmm!

So cranky.

So very very cranky.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

I think I missed this one. Damn! Excellent recap though.

I'm totally biased in favour of Neil and Lauren, I'm afraid. It doesn't even matter to me when they say dumb stuff about how good looking the other is, he's just too damn pretty for me to care.

29 October 2007 at 4:45 pm  
Blogger MissE said...

Oh, see Neil is totally nothing to me. Probably he's the only one left now that I don't really like. And I thought he could have gone over Kameron and Dominic, because I hearted them.

I liked the Mia routine on this ep too. It was cute.

29 October 2007 at 7:37 pm  
Blogger Tassiegal said...

So next recap?? Pls?? I want your take on the Mia Micheal contemp routine that Lacey and partner did week just gone.

29 October 2007 at 9:22 pm  
Blogger killerrabbit said...

Great recap AB and a big boo hiss to those who got rid of Hok. It meant that he doesn't make it into the top 10 either and doesn't get to go on tour and earn some money.

I have been a bad SYTYCD fan and haven't been able to watch it the last two weeks. Bring on the next recap

30 October 2007 at 1:35 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

Neil is pretty...a little too pretty, for my liking.

30 October 2007 at 4:37 pm  
Blogger Mars said...

OI! jacob... what's the story with your blog? me no likie.

31 October 2007 at 10:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Authentic Hermes BagsBirkin Handbags wwju Kelly Hermes Handbags2013 Hermes Handbags clbv

30 March 2013 at 8:31 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home