Tuesday 2 October 2007

The Pursuit of Excellence

I'm just dropping by to say the The Pursuit of Excellence on the ABC was wonderfully shlocky and kind of cute in the way of all things cheesy.

For anyone who missed it: no weird orchid-obsessed old men or doe-eyed hairdressers or drag-queen outfits or strange scenes of mannequines floating away in floodwaters and being shot up by police officers or obligatory 'God made me to style hair' statements or totally amazing hairstyles (amazing in a what-the-fuck way, not so much in a 'that would look so good on me' way, although some of them did look awesome) for you, but tune in next week and you can see what happens behind the scenes of the Synchronised Swimming scene.

Did I no drag queen outfits? Ok, maybe I lied. It looks like you haven't missed the boat on that part.

The Pursuit of Excellence airs at 8pm on Tuesday on the good old ABC. Right before The Bill. Sweet.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

I saw a teensy bit of the ferret episode last week and was suitably....educated on the world of ferrets?

2 October 2007 at 9:21 pm  
Blogger Jacob said...

i'm pretty disappointed with tonight's tv, but i kind of enjoyed the snippet of that show that i watched. That guy with the faggy voice, who said that hair is to a face as a frame is to a picture, made me gag a little bit.

Also: cutting a mannequin's hair is kind of stupid. Even for display purposes. Can't they bring in a volunteer each? Like a homeless person, who gets a sandwich for their efforts?

2 October 2007 at 10:03 pm  
Blogger MissE said...

Gigglewick - Damn. I missed the ferrets. I may have to cry now.

Jacob - I loved how that guy was all 'you can train all year and then your hairspray can gte clogged up on the day and it's all over!'

Plus yes, it's pointless. But I loved how they gave them to the police after the competition to use as targets. Hee! Shot-up hair models!

3 October 2007 at 8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home