Friday 9 November 2007

The PTA has Disbanded

While we wait for AB's awesome recap of last nights SYTYCD (I peaked at the edit - what? I'm a nosy bint, ok? - and indeed ... there will be brilliance unveiling itself in this very spot sometime in the near future), I'd like to say that I am worried. Worried worried worried.

The Hollywood writers strike is underway. And if it goes on for much longer that could mean all of our favourite scripted (American ... but that's most of the good stuff really, innit?) TV shows go off air and/or into repeats. And if they go off air, they'll more than likely be replaced with even more RTV than we've been exposed to over the past few years and it's all going to be bad.

Don't get me wrong - I'm totally behind the writing folk. They should get paid when their work gets used online, and if there is no money is online streaming/legal downloading, as more than one studio exec has stated, then obviously they shouldn't be too worried about giving the writers a piece of that meatless pie - because 2.5% of nothing is still nothing ... right?

Anyway, I hope it all works itself out soon. Because now that we get all our TV 'streamed direct from the US' we're going to run out of good shit really soon.

And if they take my new House away without telling me what happens to the numbers ... I'm gonna cry!

In the meantime, anyone got any ideas for new Reality TV shows that can fill the hole? I won't steal them, I promise.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crocodiles bit off my face.

it follows the trials of a man whose life changed one tragic day, forever removing him from his own face.

it'll be a hit, you'll see.

10 November 2007 at 1:52 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home