Tuesday 26 August 2008

More of Ten's schemes designed to get rich, and quick!

Has anyone else noticed certain.... irregularities about Ten's coverage of the Simpsons? I'm talking about the six o'clock episodes, not the shitty new episodes which air at seven thirty on Tuesday nights (or whatever).

Well, I've noticed that sometimes brief snippets of dialogue are cut out. It's virtually imperceptible to anyone with a nerd rating inferior to my own (I am the nerd equivalent of a black belt, btw), but I'm pretty sure that the episode I watched earlier was abridged in at least ONE place. It was the episode where Homer and Grampa go on the road to sell sex tonic, and there's a bit where the dialogue goes like this:

Abe: Welcome home, son. I broke two lamps and lost all your mail. What's wrong with your wife?
Homer: Never mind, you wouldn't understand.
Abe: Flu?
Homer: No.
Abe: Protein deficiency?
Homer: No.
Abe: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
Homer: No.
Abe: Unsatisfying sex life?
Homer: N -- yes! But please, don't YOU say that word!
Abe: What, seeeex? What's so unappealing about hearing your elderly father talk about sex? I had seeex.
Homer: Shudder.

Well, colour me unnecessarily cheesed off, because the bit that I watched was cut at the part where Homer says "don't YOU say that word!"

!!!

I know, that's what I said too.

While it's probably likely that Ten are treating their audience with contempt, mistakenly thinking that they can get away with DESECRATING television gold in order to jam more commercials in, I can't help but think that reverse vampires are involved in some way...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Femikneesm said...

Ten have always done this. It's really, really annoying - especially when you know the episodes so well....This is the main reason I am paying for the bloody dvd box sets.

3 September 2008 at 4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They also do it in episodes of Friends. It's really really noticeable and really bloody annoying. There will be speech...then laughter, but nothing funny has been said because they cut the punch line!

5 September 2008 at 1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home